Creating a good online presence -B00389861

 Creating a good online presence 



By Nyssa Catherine Wootton


Why is it important??


Being on social media for so long now, I believe it is essential to maintain your online presence because it gets your online brand out there. And it also puts you out there as an individual. 


It has become a fact that social media has become the best platform out there to promote your work, Expand your knowledge and form new connections along the way. The best way to see it when starting is to think of who you are as a person. Go beyond your skill set and apply that to the social status you are building. 


You can build an online presence for many opportunities. Such as finding a job, finding your career path, or even starting a small business. For me, it was streaming and showcasing my artwork. 


How did you build your online presence?



I started streaming during the pandemic to build an online presence for my art. And twitch was becoming a big thing back then. So I thought I’d try it and see how things went, as I had no one to show my art. It led me to start social accounts on other platforms such as Twitter, TikTok, and Ko-fi. 


It also led me to many personal connections with the same interests as me and sometimes the same career path. They became long life friends after that. 


Twitch is a website that provides live content for the gaming community. And it also ties in with my chosen career path. 

So how do I build that good online presence??




I believe for any Chosen social platform, connections are essential. Professional or personal. Relationships help build a stronger community and bring new connections with the same interests. 


How often should I update/upload my work? 



september 2022

(march 2022)


It depends on your social platform and the work you do for your platform. As an artist, my style changes a lot of the time, so every few months or so, I update my pages with my contemporary art to keep up with the times. Because I always look back and see how far my art has come. 

The best advice I could suggest is to look at the work that you did two months ago, for example, and compare it to the work you have done now. Suppose it’s been a year or two. I suggest organizing all your work into folders from what year you made it in. that always helps me keep track of what is old and what is new. And keep your recent work on your main page. 


For Uploading work, I keep to a schedule. As I have many different socials, I schedule all my posts in advance so They post automatically in the morning. And I always try to post at least two weekly artworks on Twitter to stay consistent. Remember that word now. 


Consistency is key to finding new connections, and more people will see your work and keep it within a schedule so your followers can know when you post content. 

is it important to have an online presence for games development??


Yes! An online presence to showcase your work and provide video footage of your game is essential. The best way to promote your work and possibly build an engaged audience is to show the gameplay of the game you developed. 

Video footage also helps people see what the game is as a product. Showcase the level you built and the mechanics you implemented. Do you have enemies?? Show them too!

Include snippets of your concept art and sneak peeks of upcoming game previews. It applies to game audio as well. 

You can build your online presence anywhere. And the more popular it is, the more of an audience you have for the final game. 

What steps should I take to promote my work??

I didn’t start my social presence out of anything, and I had help from friends who encouraged me to do this along the way. And the new connections I made showed the same engagement. 

So I will list three bullet points I want you to take ahead of time. 


Point 1: family is everything


Reach out to family members and friends about your work. Showcase the job you may not show them often. And ask for their feedback. They can also be personal connections that help you kick-start your social presence. 


Point 2: Get to know your platform

Another point would be to research the social platform you are using. It will give you insight into how the social algorithm works, how to structure posts and how other features work. It is essential to know your venue and what tools it could give you an advantage. 




Point 3: Plan Plan Plan


Finally, we get to the third point, Plan your debut on the social platform. Plan out your introduction post and decide what content you will showcase, whether that be part of yourself: an introduction video or a well-planned social media post. 


Comments